The PPAP Fourth edition has at least 10 major changes, including revisions to reflect
techniques found in the Automotive Process Approach. In addition, there are several
significant changes to the customer submission requirements and PSW forms. Organizations
registered to ISO/TS 16949:2009 who supply to the US Big 3 will need to implement
the changes quickly.
This course explains the changes. This course provides a clear and concise description
of what the major changes are to PPAP, an overview of existing customer specific
requirements and the changes, and some ways in which participants can implement
the major changes without great disruption to their existing PPAP processes.
Who Should Attend
Directors involved in Product Part Approval Process to the US Big 3.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
Each student will receive a copy of seminar materials.
- Clear idea of changes to PPAP
- Clear idea of how to implement PPAP 4th Edition
- Clear idea of how PPAP 4th Edition changes impact other quality management areas
- Alignment with TS16949 and APQP
- Key changes from 3rd Edition
- PPAP Definitions, Scope and Purpose
- Requirement of submission
- Submission Levels
- Part Submission Status
- Record Retention
- Record & Master Sample Retention
- PPAP Process Requirements
- Part Submission Warrant
- Key changes to PSW from 3rd Edition
- OEM Customer Specific Requirements for PPAP
- How to Audit/Review PPAP
Course Sequence: PPAP4