This three-day seminar covers all phases of the team approach to identifying and
solving problems, based on the eight-discipline methodology. The Global 8-D Process
is taught using a real life case study. The last day of the course focuses on solving
your own company problems and using the teachings you have learned.
Who Should Attend
This seminar is designed for individuals and teams who are responsible for identifying,
solving and eliminating problems that hinder quality and productivity improvement.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
Ability and/or desire to work with small groups of people in a cooperative and productive
Each participant will receive a seminar manual, including worksheets and all team
exercise materials. Participants will receive problem solving Team packages, including
checklists for each step.
- Be able to implement effective team problem solving techniques.
- Understand, and effectively apply, the Eight Disciplines (8-D)
- Employ root cause analysis for both special and common cause failure modes and solutions
- Use is/is not and Decision Analysis
- Understand and use the Seven Statistical problem solving Tools including the 5 Why's.
- Links to Other Tools and Methodologies
- D0: Prepare for the Problem Solving Process
- D1: Form Team
- D2: Describe the Problem
- D3: Contain Symptoms - Implement and Verify Interim Actions
- D4: Find and Verify Root Causes
- Creative Thinking
- Cause and Effect Diagrams
- Dot Plots and Histograms
- Scatter Plots and Variation Analysis
- D5: Select Permanent Corrective Actions
- Decision Making
- D6: Implement Permanent Corrective Actions
- Checklists and Worksheets
- Pareto Diagrams and Trend Charts
- Control Charts
- D7: Prevent System Problems
- Process Management Documentation
- D8: Closure and Team Congratulation
- Problem Solving Checklist
Course Sequence: TPSS