This two-day seminar is designed to provide participants with an understanding of
the importance of SPC in controlling and improving the production process and to
give students a practical knowledge of using statistical methods in analyzing the
production and service processes.
This seminar is consistent with the DCX, Ford GM manual Statistical Process Control,
Who Should Attend
Individuals who have direct responsibility for defining and developing an Organization’s
measuring, monitoring and analytical practices using data collection, charts and
statistical tools appropriate for its products, processes and business goals and
objectives. We will look for suitable statistical tools to identify the same sources
of variation in our manufacturing or services and to control that variation.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
Fundamental knowledge of computational mathematics is necessary for understanding
the topics discussed.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual, including workbook and all team
exercise materials. Please bring a calculator.
- To present a hands-on approach to learning the principals and practices of SPC and
- Understand the uses and benefits of control charts and be able to construct and
- Understand the role that SPC plays in the overall Control Strategy for a process
- Statistical Process Control: An Introduction
- Process Variation
- Normal Theory and Central Limit Theorem
- Visible Signs of Special Causes
- Other Types of Charts
- Process Capability
- Control Charts for Non-normal Processes
Course Sequence: SPC