This two-day course focuses on the GD&T gage development and application, including:
gage principles, gage design, dimensioning and tolerancing, gage usage, fixture
development, gage tolerancing policies. Gage is an important tool to inspect the
GD&T requirements per ASME Y14.5M-1994 and ISO1101 GD&T standard. The structure
and tolerancing principles of the gage will greatly affect the product quality level.
The correct gage principle will reduce the measurement risk, including the conforming
parts rejection and nonconforming parts acceptance.
Who Should Attend
This seminar is designed for Gage Engineers, Design Engineers, Quality Engineers,
Process Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, APQP Team Members, and Inspectors.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
Basic knowledge of mechanical blue print reading and experience in implementation
and production processesis recommended.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual with case studies.
- Understand GD&T gage requirements.
- Understand GD&T structure, principle and application.
- Learn how to develop the GD&T gage and achieve the realization of GD&T inspection.
- Comprehend the Gage Tolerancing policy and reduce the inspection risk with gage.
- Improve the inspection capability.
- Improve capability of the gage verification and analysis on gage suppliers
- GD&T Gage Introduction
- GD&T Gage Principles
- GD&T Gage Design
- Gage Dimension Tolerance
- Gage Application
- Fixture Introduction