This is a three day course that focuses on the application of QFD, TRIZ and Taguchi DOE in product development, understanding customer’s needs, solution proposal of creative product design, and robust design of product realization process targeting customer satisfaction.
QFD (Quality Function Deployment) has been successfully applied by TOYOTA in vehicle design since 1970’s. QFD effectively establishes the relationship between Voice of Customer (VOC) and technical parameters with House of Quality, and also deploys with cascade to all the levels of product realization within enterprises.
TRIZ (Creativity Techniques) is developed by Genrich S. Altshuller (Russian) based on 2.5 million patents and 1500 man-years of research. TRIZ can dramatically improve the creativity of engineer with the systematic skills. It can be used at all the stages of the life cycle of the product to improve the quality of the product, expand the market, protect knowledge copyrights as well as research on the new product.
Taguchi DOE concentrates on parameter design. With the parameter design, the test planning can be developed, the Noise factor can be reduced based on S/N ratio, thus improve the robustness of the product.
QFD sets up the direction and target of the product design, however, QFD may not be able to find out how to break through the bottle neck and create an optimized solution.
TRIZ can resolve the issues of “Bottle Neck” with all problem/conflict solving skills, and also create the new product design.
DOE (Taguchi) can strengthen the parameter selection process which may not be effectively provided by TRIZ. DOE can be applied to reach the best parameter combination for the product.
The integrated application of QFD, TRIZ and Taguchi DOE can effectively improve the product design process and achieve the robust product design for custom satisfaction.
Who Should Attend
This seminar is intended for persons responsible for product design and development; Design Engineer and R&D Management, Technical Engineer, Quality Engineer, Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, etc
Recommended Training and/or Experience
Basic design and process/technical experience.
Each participant will receive a Training Material including case studies and exercises.
QFD Basic Principles and Tools
- QFD Basic Principles
- QFD 4 Basic Phases
- House of Quality HOQ/Tables
How to Create a House of Quality
- Define Internal/External Customer
- VOC Classification and Sources
- KJ Mapping & CCR
- Deep Understanding of the Different Customer Requirement
- Kano Model
- Customer Voice and Technical Metrics
- Translation Customer Voice
- Relationship Matrix
- Relationship Matrix -Symbol
- Develop a Target Distribution for the Technical Metrics
- Customer Loss Function
- Technical Assessment
- Determine Correlation between Technical Metrics
- Correlation Matrix-Symbols
- Finish HOQ
House of Quality Deployment
- Concept Design QFD1
- Details Design QFD2
- Process Design QFD3
- Production Control QFD４
- HOQ Template How-to Guide
- QFD Best Practice Cases Study
- QFD Into R&D Process Guide
- Group Practice-Combination of Actual Cases
- QFD Practice Review and Sharing
TRIZ Basic Principles
- What is TRIZ
- Technical & Physical Contradiction
- Contradiction Table
- Inventive Principles
- Other Inventive Techniques Study
- Double Reverse
- TRIZ Application Steps
- Contradiction Table Case Study
- Separation Principle Case Study
- Inventive Skills Integration Group Practice and Sharing
- TRIZ Q&A
Taguchi DOE Basic Principles
- Taguchi DOE Overview
- Orthogonal Arrays and Nomenclature
- Frequently Used Orthogonal Arrays Application Guide
- Parameter Design
Taguchi DOE Basic Principles (Continue)
- Idea Function / P-Diagram
- Signal and Noise Factor Strategy
- Control Factor Strategy
- Orthogonal Arrays Selection
- Experiment Predict and Confirm
Taguchi DOE Application
- Taguchi DOE Application Steps
- Parameter Optimization
- Group Practice-Parameter Optimization
QFD，TRIZ and Taguchi DOE Integration Application
- Integration Application Steps
- Integration Application Best Practice
- Group Practice- Integration Application
- QFD，TRIZ and Taguchi DOE Q&A
- The exercises will be conducted during each training stage to practice QFD/TRIZ/DOE, and also to evaluate the understanding of the training courses.
- The purpose of breakout exercises is to develop skills of QFD/TRIZ/DOE Application by having individuals or teams working on practical situations
Evaluation of Individual Participation
- Attendees will be evaluated on class participation, which encompasses the following
- Asking meaningful questions in class
- Sharing professional experiences
- Taking an active role in team exercises
- Effective class participation provides the attendee with opportunities to demonstrate
practical understanding of QFD/TRIZ/Taguchi DOE
- Certificate will be issued after satisfied participatings, training performance