This 2 Days seminar introduces the systematic method of project management, including
the process and steps, team building and role definition, time planning control,
budget control, HR management, risk management, tracking, reporting system and project
closure. The training will combine both hard skills and soft skills. With rich practical
cases of project management, the participant will learn how to manage and complete
a whole project on time, within the budge and with lowest risk.
Who Should Attend
All Project related team, supervisor or department manager
Seminar manual with case study and guide for project management. Certificate will
be issued after successful full training completion.
Section one: Introduction of Project Management
- Project Management Introduction : Project definition and features
- Systematic thinking: Pyramid Analysis Model, Project Management function
- Role transition: the qualification for project manager.
Section two: Hard skills of Project Management
- Hard skill: Project Management skills
- Definition of project management
- Project scope and object determination
- Milestone setup
- Project Management planning
- Determining project scope with work breakdown structures (WBS)
Section two (Cont): Hard skills of Project management
- Converting WBS to network diagram
- Estimate responsibility, resources and skills
- Calculating the project duration with k
- Calculate critical path (determine slack and crash cirtical path)
- Creating the project timeline (Gantt Chart)
- Setting key milestones to track and control the project
- Balance the resources
- Project Budget control
- Improve Project Planning
- Project implementation
- Project tracking and control
- Project review
Section three: Project Management Soft skills (Team Management)
- Define the project objectives
- Develop the game rule
- Establish the communication platform
- Identifying the project risks and assumptions
- Evaluating risk impacts
- Project Risk review
- Strategies for managing risks
- Reducing risks through contingency plans
- Make teambuilding a team responsibility: give them the authority, time and encouragement
to grow their ideas
Section three (Cont): Project Management Soft skills (Team Management)
- Building ownership, motivation and commitment across the team
- Project Problem Solving: Deviation Control, Picking up warnings of trouble ahead
and take action to prevent issues
- Tracking planned vs. actual task performance
- Communicating project status to stakeholders
- Project reporting meeting management
- Managing systematic project closedown
- The payoff of post-implementation review
- Documenting project and personal lessons learned for process improvement
- Understand project management knowledge and process
- Lean the roles and responsibility of project manager and team member
- Learn to use the appropriate tools to define, schedule, implement and review the
median or small size project.
- Improve the soft skill of project management and effective problem solving skill
for the issues during project implementation.
- Learn the skills to control the project timeline, resources, budget through the
successful project management.
- Understanding process and basic knowledge about project
- The class will be divided into two or more teams of three to six people. The objective
is to provide diversified project management experience on each team.
- The purpose of breakout exercises is to develop skills important to the project
management process by having individuals or teams working on practical situations.
- Each team will have opportunities to make brief, prepared oral presentations.
Evaluation of Individual Participation
- Attendees will be evaluated on class participation, which encompasses the following
- Asking meaningful questions in class
- Sharing professional project management experiences
- Taking an active role in team exercises
- Engaging in effective role-playing
- Effective class participation provides the attendee with opportunities to demonstrate
practical understanding of the project management principles
- Important schedule and training items are listed below:
- Classes will begin as early in the day. Check the schedule per agreement with trainee.
- Time Management is essential
- There are scheduled refreshment breaks daily
- Case studies related to customer business are included.
- Instructor evaluates attendees’ participation daily