Omnex is an Exemplar Global Certified TPECS provider for Exemplar Global-OH Competency
Units. This seminar fully covers the OHSAS 18001:2007 requirements. Other topics
include the documentation process, and implementing or upgrading a management system
to meet the requirements of OHSAS 18001:2007 and the operational objectives of the
Attendees who successfully pass the exams during this course will achieve a Certificate
of Attainment for the following competency units:
Who Should Attend
This seminar is designed for Health & Safety Compliance Managers, OHSAS 18001:2007
Implementation Team Members, and Management Representatives.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
A general understanding of OHSAS 18001:2007 is recommended.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual.
- Understand OHS laws, principles, codes of practices, and standards.
- Identify OHS hazards that are reasonably expected to occur for that business type
- Assess the risk of identified hazards in the context of the organizationâ€™s OHS management
- Assess the effectiveness of methodologies to control OHS hazards.
- Assess the OHS roles and responsibilities within the context of the organizational
- Determine the adequacy and effectiveness of an OHS management system.
- Introduction and Welcome
- The Need for Occupational Health & Safety Standards
- Introduction to the OHSAS 18001 Specification and Related Publications
- Conformance to OHSAS 18001 and Its Relationship to Other Standards
- Understanding the OHSAS 18001:2007 Requirements
- Comparison of OHSAS 18001 and ANSI/AIHA Z10
- Review of OHSAS 18001:2007 Requirements
- Occupational Health & Safety Management System Documentation
- Integrating ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Breakout Exercise 1: Integrating Procedures
- Breakout Exercise 2: Documentation Review