Omnex is an RABQSA-certified training provider and offers this three-day course
under the TPECS scheme meeting the knowledge competency requirements for the Principal
OHS Auditor grade or lower. This seminar fully covers the OHSAS 18001:2007 requirements.
Other topics include audit systems, the auditing process and audit instruments;
the documentation process, conducting an audit, writing the audit report, and taking
corrective action. Auditing case studies to develop skills for identifying nonconformities
will be used.
Attendees who successfully demonstrate competence during this course will achieve
a Certificate of Attainment for the following competency units:
Who Should Attend
This seminar is designed for Health & Safety Compliance Managers, OHSAS 18001:2007
Implementation Team Members, Management Representatives, and OHSAS 18001:2007 Internal
Recommended Training and/or Experience
An understanding of the OHSAS 18001:2007 requirements and/or work experience in
applying OHSAS 18001:2007 is recommended.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual and a breakout workbook that includes
auditing case studies.
- Understand OHS laws, principles, codes of practices, and standards.
- Identify OHS hazards that are reasonably expected to occur for that business type
- Assess the risk of identified hazards in the context of the organizationâ€™s OHS management
- Assess the effectiveness of methodologies to control OHS hazards.
- Assess the OHS roles and responsibilities within the context of the organizational
- Determine the adequacy and effectiveness of an OHS management system.
- Understand the application of the principles, procedures and techniques of auditing.
- Understand the conduct of an effective audit in the context of the auditeeâ€™s organizational
- Understand the application of the regulations, and other considerations that are
relevant to the management system, and the conduct of the audit.
- Practice personal attributes necessary for the effective and efficient conduct of
a management system audit.
- Introduction and Welcome
- The Need for Occupational Health & Safety Standards
- Introduction to the OHSAS 18001 Specification and Related Publications
- Conformance to OHSAS 18001 and Its Relationship to Other Standards
- Understanding the OHSAS 18001:2007 Requirements
- Comparison of OHSAS 18001 and ANSI/AIHA Z10
- Review of OHSAS 18001:2007 Requirements
- Occupational Health & Safety Management System Documentation
- Integrating ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Breakout Exercise 1: Integrating Procedures
- Breakout Exercise 2: Documentation Review
- Management of Audit Programs
- Audit Planning and Preparation
- Breakout Exercise 3: Scope and Objectives
- Breakout Exercise 4: Audit Plan
- Performing the Audit
- Breakout Exercise 5: Opening Meeting
- Breakout Exercise 6: Conducting the Audit
- Writing Nonconformity Statements
- Breakout Exercise 7: Writing Nonconformities
- Closing Meeting
- Breakout Exercise 8: Summary Statement and Closing Meeting
- Completing the Audit Report
- Corrective Action and Closeout
- Breakout Exercise 9: Verification and Closeout