Omnex is an Exemplar Global Certified TPECS provider for Exemplar Global-OH, Exemplar
Global-AU and Exemplar Global-TL Competency Units. This seminar fully covers the
OHSAS 18001:2007 requirements. Other topics include audit systems, the auditing
process and audit instruments; the documentation process, conducting an audit, writing
the audit report, and taking corrective action.Auditing case studies to develop
skills for identifying nonconformities will be used. Techniques for leading audit
teams will also be discussed.
Attendees who successfully pass the exams during this course will achieve a Certificate
of Attainment for the following competency units:
- Exemplar Global-OH
- Exemplar Global-AU
- Exemplar Global-TL
Who Should Attend
This seminar is designed for OHSAS 18001 Implementation Teams, Internal Auditors
and others who would like to develop judgment and decision-making in OHSAS 18001
and learn the auditing process for first, second, and third party auditors.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
An understanding of the OHSAS 18001 requirements and/or work experience in applying
OHSAS 18001 is recommended.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual and a breakout workbook that includes
auditing case studies.
- Understand OHS laws, principles, codes of practices, and standards.
- Identify OHS hazards that are reasonably expected to occur for that business type
- Assess the risk of identified hazards in the context of the organizationâ€™s OHS management
- Assess the effectiveness of methodologies to control OHS hazards.
- Assess the OHS roles and responsibilities within the context of the organizational
- Determine the adequacy and effectiveness of an OHS management system.
- Understand the application of the principles, procedures and techniques of auditing.
- Understand the conduct of an effective audit in the context of the auditeeâ€™s organizational
- Understand the application of the regulations, and other considerations that are
relevant to the management system, and the conduct of the audit.
- Practice personal attributes necessary for the effective and efficient conduct of
a management system audit.
- Establish, plan and task the activities of an audit team.
- Communicate effectively with the auditee and audit client.
- Organize and direct audit team members.
- Prevent and resolve conflict with the auditee and/or within the audit team.
- Prepare and complete the audit report.
- Introduction and Welcome
- The Need for Occupational Health & Safety Standards
- Introduction to the OHSAS 18001 Specification and Related Publications
- Conformance to OHSAS 18001 and Its Relationship to Other Standards
- Understanding the OHSAS 18001:2007 Requirements
- Comparison of OHSAS 18001 and ANSI/AIHA Z10
- Review of OHSAS 18001:2007 Requirements
- Occupational Health & Safety Management System Documentation
- Integrating ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Breakout Exercise 1: Integrating Procedures
- Breakout Exercise 2: Documentation Review
- Management of Audit Programs
- Audit Planning and Preparation
- Breakout Exercise 3: Scope and Objectives
- Breakout Exercise 4: Audit Plan
- Performing the Audit
- Breakout Exercise 5: Opening Meeting
- Breakout Exercise 6: Conducting the Audit
- Writing Nonconformity Statements
- Breakout Exercise 7: Writing Nonconformities
- Closing Meeting
- Breakout Exercise 8: Summary Statement and Closing Meeting
- Completing the Audit Report
- Corrective Action and Closeout
- Breakout Exercise 9: Verification and Closeout
- Review of Audit Process and Audit Management Strategies
- Practical Application of Audit Principles and Instructor Interviews