This new standard aligns and harmonizes ISO/IEC 17025:1999 with ISO 9001:2008. The
training incorporates and explains the amendments to clauses where ISO determined
that such changes were necessary. The technical requirements for laboratories who
provide testing and calibration services are enhanced by the use of management systems
that incorporate the requirements of ISO 9001:2008.
The acceptance of testing and calibration results between countries and industries
should be facilitated if laboratories will comply with this International Standard.
The use of this standard will also facilitate cooperation between laboratories and
other bodies and assist in the exchange of information and experience, standards
and procedures. The introduction of the Process Approach to Management Systems and
a new auditing standard which allows efficient and effective auditing of these systems
can be used by internal and external auditors to meet the requirements of laboratory
and quality systems. Our 3-Day seminar provides insight to the quality, lab and
auditing facets with a fast paced, interactive approach.
Who Should Attend
Laboratory managers, responsible company/corporate management, lab personnel, persons
responsible for documenting, implementing, maintaining or auditing the laboratory
systems; internal, 2nd or 3rd party auditors.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
General knowledge of functional management, quality systems, and laboratory practices.
- Present requirements for a competent and compliant calibration/test laboratory
- Compile examples of documentation required for demonstrating compliance system
- Understand basics for implementing a sound laboratory system from quality, calibration,
and test perspectives
- Student takes workbook back to Lab as model for own facility and future auditing
- The Challenge for Top Management
- Introduction to ISO/IEC 17025:2005
- Eight Quality Management Principles
- Overview of ISO/IEC 17025:2005 Requirements
- Introduction to ISO 9001:2008 Audit Traits
- Management of Audit Programs
- Audit Planning and Preparation
- Performing the Audit
- Writing Nonconformity Statements
- Closing Meeting
- Completing the Audit Report
- Corrective Action and Close Out
Course Sequence: ISO17025IAT