This 1.5 day (2 day for onsite) course is certified by RABQSA under the TPECS scheme,
and meets the knowledge criteria requirements for Environmental Management Systems
that can be applied to all auditor grades. This seminar fully covers the ISO 14001:2004
requirements. Other topics include the documentation process, and implementing or
upgrading a management system to meet the requirements of ISO 14001:2004 and the
operational objectives of the company.
Attendees who successfully demonstrate competence during this course will achieve
a Certificate of Attainment for the following competency units:
Who Should Attend
This seminar is designed for Environmental Compliance Managers, ISO 14001:2004 Implementation
Team Members, and Management Representatives.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
A general understanding of ISO 14001:2004 is recommended.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual.
- Understand the application of environmental management principles.
- Understand the application of environmental science and technology.
- Understand the application of environmental systems to different operational processes.
- Assess the risk of significant environmental impacts and activities identified in
the context of the organization's EMS management system.
- Assess the effectiveness of methodologies to control environmental hazards.
- Assess the EMS roles and responsibilities within the context of the organizational
- Determine the adequacy and effectiveness of the EMS.
- Introduction and Welcome
- The Need for International Environmental Standards
- Introduction to ISO 14000 Series Standards and Related Publications
- Conformance to ISO 14001 and Its Relationship to Other Standards
- Understanding the ISO 14001:2004 Requirements
- Review of ISO 14001:2004 Requirements
- Environmental Management System Documentation
- ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 Comparison
- Breakout Exercise 1: Integrating ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Procedures
- Breakout Exercise 2: Documentation Reviewl