Omnex is an Exemplar Global Certified TPECS provider for Exemplar Global-EM, Exemplar
Global-AU and Exemplar Global-TL Competency Units. This seminar fully covers the
ISO 14001:2004 requirements. Other topics include audit systems, the auditing process
and audit instruments; the documentation process, conducting an audit, writing the
audit report, and taking corrective action. Auditing case studies to develop skills
for identifying nonconformities will be used. Techniques for leading audit teams
will also be discussed.
Attendees who successfully pass the exams during this course will achieve a Certificate
of Attainment for the following competency units:
- Exemplar Global-EM
- Exemplar Global-AU
- Exemplar Global-TL
Who Should Attend
This seminar is designed for ISO 14001 Implementation Teams, Internal Auditors and
others who would like to develop judgment and decision-making in ISO 14001 and learn
the auditing process for first, second, and third party auditors.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
An understanding of the ISO 14001:2004 requirements and/or work experience in applying
ISO 14001:2004 is recommended.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual and a breakout workbook that includes
auditing case studies.
- Understand the application of environmental management principles.
- Understand the application of environmental science and technology.
- Understand the application of environmental systems to different operational processes.
- Assess the risk of significant environmental impacts and activities identified in
the context of the organization's EMS management system.
- Assess the effectiveness of methodologies to control environmental hazards.
- Assess the EMS roles and responsibilities within the context of the organizational
- Determine the adequacy and effectiveness of the EMS.
- Understand the application of the principles, procedures and techniques of auditing.
- Understand the conduct of an effective audit in the context of the auditee’s organizational
- Understand the application of the regulations, and other considerations that are
relevant to the management system, and the conduct of the audit.
- Practice personal attributes necessary for the effective and efficient conduct of
a management system audit.
- Establish, plan and task the activities of an audit team.
- Communicate effectively with the auditee and audit client.
- Organize and direct audit team members.
- Prevent and resolve conflict with the auditee and/or within the audit team.
- Prepare and complete the audit report.
- Introduction and Welcome
- The Need for International Environmental Standards
- Introduction to ISO 14000 Series Standards and Related Publications
- Conformance to ISO 14001 and Its Relationship to Other Standards
- Understanding the ISO 14001:2004 Requirements
- Review of ISO 14001:2004 Requirements
- Environmental Management System Documentation
- ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 Comparison
- Breakout Exercise 1: Integrating ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Procedures
- Breakout Exercise 2: Documentation Review
- Management of Audit Programs
- Audit Planning and Preparation
- Breakout Exercise 3: Scope and Objectives
- Breakout Exercise 4: Audit Plan
- Performing the Audit
- Breakout Exercise 5: Opening Meeting
- Breakout Exercise 6: Conducting the Audit
- Writing Nonconformity Statements
- Breakout Exercise 7: Writing Nonconformities
- Closing Meeting
- Breakout Exercise 8: Summary Statement and Closing Meeting
- Completing the Audit Report
- Corrective Action and Closeout
- Breakout Exercise 9: Verification and Closeout
- Review of Audit Process and Audit Management Strategies
- Practical Application of Audit Principles and Instructor Interviews
For more information on ISO 14001:2015 Training,ISO 14001 Certification