This 1.5 day course is fully covers the ISO 50001:2011 requirements. Other topics
include the documentation process, and implementing or upgrading a management system
to meet the requirements of ISO 50001:2011 and the operational objectives of the
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for ISO 50001 Implementation Team Members, Management Representatives
and ISO 50001 Internal Auditors. Those in charge of implementing or auditing ISO
14001 or EMS could also benefit from this course.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
A general understanding of ISO 50001:2011 is recommended.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual.
- Understand the application of Energy Management Principles in the context of ISO
- Relate the energy management system to the organizational products, including services,
and operational processes.
- Introduction and Welcome
- Impetus for International Energy Management Standards
- Intro to ISO 50001 Series Standards and Related Publications
- Conformance to ISO 50001 / Relationship to Other Standards
- Understanding the ISO 50001:2011 Requirements
- Energy Management System Documentation
- ISO 50001 and ISO 9001 Comparison
- Breakout Exercise 1: Integrating ISO 9001 and ISO 50001 Procedures
- Breakout Exercise 2: Documentation Review