This two-day course is designed to help your company prepare for the release of
ISO 26262, providing in-depth review of ISO 26262 Systems Processes and Safety Plans
– Part 2, 8 and 7 in a practical nature. This class will give you the information
to understand what is necessary to implement ISO 26262 Systems Processes and Safety
Plans – Part 2, 8 and 7.
ISO 26262 is a Functional Safety standard which is currently under development,
titled "Road vehicles -- Functional Safety", scheduled to be published mid-2011.
The course is a combination of alternating in-front presentations and hands-on work
and is conducted in English.
This is standard is an adaptation of the Functional Safety standard IEC 61508 for
the specifics of Automotive Electric/Electronic Systems. It is to be applied to
Safety Related Systems that include one or more E/E systems that are installed in
production passenger cars with a maximum gross vehicle mass up to 3,500 kg.
Who Should Attend
Functional Safety Managers, Product Development Managers, Functional Safety implementation
leaders and team including Senior Management interested in getting an in-depth understanding
of ISO 26262 and Functional Safety Management System.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
Students should be involved in or aware of software and hardware development as
it relates to the motor vehicle industry.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual including case studies
- Provide a high level overview of the standard.
- Provide an understanding of how ISO 26262 integrates with other systems
- Cover functional safety aspects as related to Systems Processes and Safety Plans
– Part 2, 8 and 7.
- Provide an automotive-specific risk-based approach for determining risk classes
(Automotive Safety Integrity Levels, ASILs)
- Use ASILs for specifying the item's necessary safety requirements for achieving
an acceptable residual risk
- Provide requirements for validation and confirmation measures to ensure a sufficient
and acceptable level of safety is being achieved
- Introduction and Overview to ISO 26262
- Management of Functional Safety (Part 2)
- Documentation Management System: Part 8 – Clause 10
- Breakout Exercise - Safety Policy, Objectives and Reviews
- Integration of ISO 26262 with ISO 9001 or ISO/TS 16949
- Part 7 – Production and Operation
- Part 8 – Supporting Processes
- Distributed Development
- Breakout Exercise - Supplier Management
- Specification and Management of Safety Requirements
- Configuration Management
- Change Management
- Functional Safety Concept
- Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment
- Safety Requirements
- Breakout Exercise – Case Study of Functional Safety Concept
- Determining ASIL levels
- Safety Plan and Safety Cases
- Breakout Exercise – Safety Plan
- ISO 26262 Implementation Strategies