This five-day course is designed to help your company prepare for the release of
ISO 26262, providing the skills required to audit ISO 26262 Functional Safety Requirements
as a stand alone and integrated system. This class will give you the information
to Plan, Conduct and Report audit activities for ISO 26262.
ISO 26262 is a Functional Safety standard titled "Road vehicles -- Functional Safety".
This standard is an adaptation of the Functional Safety standard IEC 61508 for
the specifics of Automotive Electric/Electronic Systems. It is to be applied to
Safety Related Systems that include one or more E/E systems that are installed in
production passenger cars with a maximum gross vehicle mass up to 3,500 kg.
Who Should Attend
Functional Safety Managers, Product Development Managers, Functional Safety implementation
leaders and team including Senior Management interested in getting an in-depth understanding
of ISO 26262 and Functional Safety Management System.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
Students should be involved in or aware of software and hardware development as
it relates to the motor vehicle industry.
Attendees must complete Understanding ISO 26262 prior to attending this course.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual including case studies
- Provide a high level overview of the standard.
- Develop skills necessary for effective auditing of the 26262 requirements.
- Introduction and Overview to ISO 26262
- Management of Functional Safety (Part 2)
- Documentation Management System: Part 8 – Clause 10
- Breakout Exercise – Safety Policy, Objectives and Reviews
- Integration of ISO 26262 with ISO 9001 or ISO/TS 16949
- Part 7 – Production and Operation
- Part 8 – Supporting Processes
- Distributed Development
- Breakout Exercise – Supplier Management
- Specification and Management of Safety Requirements
- Configuration Management
- Change Management
- Functional Safety Concept
- Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment
- Safety Requirements
- Breakout Exercise – Case Study of Functional Safety Concept
- Determining ASIL levels
- Safety Plan and Safety Cases
- Breakout Exercise – Safety Plan
- Managing Audits
- How to scope a ISO 26262 audit
- Breakout Exercise – Scope
- Audit Planning – different scenarios
- Breakout Exercise – Audit Planning
- Opening Meeting
- Conducting an Audit to ISO 26262
- Writing Non-conformances
- Closing Meeting
- Corrective Action and Close Outs
- Scope and Audit Planning for a ISO 26262 Assessment
- Conducting FSMS Assessment
- Assessment versus Confirmation Measure
- Writing non-conformances
- Corrective action and Close Outs