Omnex is an Exemplar Global Certified TPECS provider for
Exemplar Global EM, AU and TL Competency Units. This
five-day course has been developed to satisfy the Exemplar
Global EM, AU and TL Examination Profiles and, as such, all
attendees who successfully pass the exams during this course
will achieve a Certificate of Attainment for the following
- Exemplar Global-EM
- Exemplar Global-AU
- Exemplar Global-TL
This course was developed to cover all requirements of the ISO
14001:2015 standard. Group exercises and case studies will be
used to develop the required skills. Other topics covered are
from ISO 19011 and include the auditing process and
methodologies, e. g. planning and conducting an audit, writing
nonconformity statements, preparing an audit summary and
report, and verifying corrective actions. Auditing case studies to
develop skills for identifying nonconformities will be used.
Techniques for leading audit teams will also be discussed.
Note: Successful completion of this course will fulfill the
training requirement necessary for all Exemplar Global certified
TPECS auditors to meet the knowledge requirements of the new
ISO 14001:2015 standard.
Who Should Attend
This seminar is primarily designed for internal or third party
auditor candidates, but can also be valuable for Environmental
Compliance Managers, ISO 14001:2015 Implementation and/or
Transition Team Members, Management Representatives, and
all others who would like to develop competency in ISO
14001:2015 and the auditing process for first, second and third
Recommended Training and/or Experience
An understanding of the ISO 14001:2015 requirements and/or
work experience in applying ISO 14001:2015 is recommended.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual and a breakout
workbook that includes auditing case studies.
- Understand the application of environmental management
principles in the context of ISO 14001:2015.
- Relate the environmental management system to the
organizational products, services, activities and operational
- Relate organization’s context and interested party needs
and expectations to the planning and implementation of an
organization’s environmental management system.
- Assess the risk of significant environmental impacts and
activities identified in the context of the organization's
EMS management system.
- Assess the effectiveness of methodologies to control
- Assess the EMS roles and responsibilities within the
context of the organizational environment.
- Determine the adequacy and effectiveness of the EMS.
- Understand the application of the principles, procedures
and techniques of auditing.
- Understand the conduct of an effective audit in the context
of the auditee’s organizational situation.
- Understand the application of the regulations, and other
considerations that are relevant to the management system,
and the conduct of the audit.
- Practice personal attributes necessary for the effective and
efficient conduct of a management system audit.
- Establish, plan and task the activities of an audit team.
- Communicate effectively with the auditee and audit client.
- Organize and direct audit team members.
- Prevent and resolve conflict with the auditee and/or within
the audit team.
- Prepare and complete the audit report.
- Introduction and Welcome
- The Principles of ISO 14001
- The Need for ISO 14001 and the Family of Standards
- ISO 14001:2015 Requirements
- Group Exercise: Context of the Organization
- Group Exercise: Interested Parties
- Group Exercise: Audit Scenarios
- ISO 14001:2015 Requirements (cont’d)
- Group Exercises: Audit Scenarios (cont’d)
- Compliance Obligations and World Environmental
- Independent EMS Written Exercise
- Introduction to Turtle Diagrams and Audit Trails
- Management of Audit Programs
- Audit Planning and Preparation
- Breakout Exercise 1: Writing an Objective and Scope Statement
- Breakout Exercise 2: Documentation Review
- Breakout Exercise 3: Creating an Audit Plan
- Performing the Audit
- Breakout Exercise 4: Performing an Audit
- Writing Nonconformity Statements
- Breakout Exercise 5: Writing Nonconformity Statements
- Closing Meeting
- Completing the Audit Report
- Corrective Action and Closeout
- Management Systems Auditing Written Exercise
- Leading Audit Teams
- Management System Certification Scheme and Auditor Qualifications
- Leading Management Systems Audit Teams
- Review of Audit Process and Audit Management Strategies
- Leading Management Systems Audit Teams Mock
Audit Case Study
- Practical Application of Audit Principles and Instructor Interviews
For more information on ISO 14001:2015 Training,ISO 14001 Certification