This three-day workshop provides a step-by-step analysis of the standards, the process
approach to management systems, and the opportunities for creating an integrated
management system which meets the requirements of all three standards: ISO 9001:2008,
ISO 14001:2004 and/or OHSAS 18001:2007.
The learning objectives of this workshop focus on the integration of the standards.
The intent is not to teach the "shalls" of each standard, but rather to understand
how the requirements and clauses are integrated.
The workshop is designed to provide a hands-on approach to integrating the documentation
and the processes of the organization. This workshop includes instructions and breakout
exercises on developing the process map, process documentation (level II) and turtle
diagrams for the process.
The Omnex methodology for aligning customer expectations, goals and objectives,
processes, metrics and improvement plans will be covered in this class.
The Omnex integration process and methodology focuses on management systems integration
in three ways - integrating processes, integrating risk, and integrating audits.
This class focuses on the integration of process and risk.
Who Should Attend
This seminar is designed for Quality, Environmental, and/or Health & Safety Management
Representatives as well as Quality, Environmental, and/or Health & Safety Professionals
seeking the most efficient method of integrating international quality, environmental
and occupational health & safety management system requirements.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
A general understanding of the quality system standards (ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004
and/or OHSAS 18001:2007) is required, although a more professional understanding
and practical experience is preferred.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual including breakout exercises.
- Study the structure of ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007
- Understand the Process Based Approach
- Understand how the ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and/or OHSAS 18001:2007 requirements
and clauses integrate
- Recognize challenges and advantages of implementing an Integrated Management Systems(IMS)
- Understand how to integrate Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety Risks
- Rationale for Integration
- Breakout Exercise 1: Rationale for Integration
- Overview of the Standards
- ISO 9001:2008
- ISO 14001:2004
- OHSAS 18001:2007
- Understanding the Requirements and Their Relationships
- Clause-by-clause Analysis
- Comparing ISO 14001:2004 and/or OHSAS 18001:2007 to ISO/TS16949:2009
- Similarities and Where to Integrate
- Breakout Exercise 2: Where to Integrate
- The Process Approach - Strategies for Integration
- Breakout Exercise 3: Review the Business Map (Process Approach)
- Defining Policies and Objectives
- Breakout Exercise 4: Align Expectations, Objectives and Measureables
- Developing the BMS Plan
- Breakout Exercise 5: Create an Alignment Chart
- Process Approach to Integrating System Documentation
- Breakout Exercise 6: Develop a Process Definition
- Breakout Exercise 7: Document a Process
- Breakout Exercise 8: Develop a COPIS â€œTurtleâ€ Analysis
- Integrating Process Controls - Risk Analysis Tools and Methodologies
- Failure Modes & Effects Analysis
- Breakout Exercise 9: Understand the Use of FMEAs
- Control Plans
For more information on ISO 9001:2015 Training
For more information on ISO 14001:2015 Training