What is an integrated management system? An integrated business management system
focuses on competitive advantage, employing common processes to efficiently manage
and optimize performance.
This five-day seminar focuses on the integration of the standards. The intent is
not to teach the “shalls” of each standard, but rather to understand
how the requirements and clauses are integrated and their impact on audit systems
and the auditing process. Other topics include audit systems, the auditing process
and auditing instruments; the documentation process; conducting an audit; writing
an audit report; and taking corrective action.
The seminar is built around a case study, which includes the integrated approach.
Also included are case studies to develop skills for identifying nonconformities.
Techniques for leading audit teams will also be discussed.
Omnex is an RABQSA-certified training provider and offers this five-day course under
the TPECS scheme meeting the knowledge competency requirements for the Lead Auditor
grade or lower. Attendees who successfully demonstrate competence during this course
will achieve a Certificate of Attainment for the following competency units:
Note: As the intention of this course is to focus on how the standards integrate
and not the requirements of the standards, a competency unit in a specific management
system standard is not offered. However, if you feel you adequately understand a
specific standard, you may complete the competency exercises for one of the standards,
of which you will receive the appropriate Certificate of Attainment (RABQSA-QM,
RABQSA-EM, RABQSA-OH) upon successful demonstration of competence. Please be aware
this may require up to approximately five hours of after-class exercises and/or
homework assignments to be completed on your own time.
Who Should Attend
Quality Assurance Managers, Environmental Managers, Health & Safety Managers, General
Managers, ISO 9001 and/or ISO/TS 16949 / ISO 14001 / OHSAS 18001 Implementation
team members, safety officers, management representatives and Internal Auditors
should attend this course.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
At least an introductory understanding of ISO 9001:2008 and/or ISO/TS 16949:2009,
ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 is required. A professional understanding is
Each participant will receive a seminar manual and a breakout workbook that includes
auditing case studies.
- Understand the Integrated Management Systems auditing process.
- Understand how the ISO 9001:2008 and/or ISO/TS 16949:2009, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS
18001:2007 requirements and clauses integrate.
- Understand the application of the principles, procedures and techniques of auditing.
- Understand the conduct of an effective audit in the context of the auditee’s
- Understand the application of the regulations, and other considerations that are
relevant to the management system, and the conduct of the audit.
- Practice personal attributes necessary for the effective and efficient conduct of
a management system audit.
- Establish, plan and task the activities of an audit team.
- Communicate effectively with the auditee and audit client.
- Organize and direct audit team members.
- Prevent and resolve conflict with the auditee and/or within the audit team.
- Prepare and complete the audit report.
- Introduction and Welcome
- The Rationale for Integrated Management Systems
- Overview of the Standards
- Understanding the Requirements and Their Relationships
- Strategies for Integration
- Breakout Exercise 1: Integrating Procedures
- Breakout Exercise 2: Documentation Review
- Management of Audit Programs
- Audit Planning and Preparation
- Breakout Exercise 3: Scope and Objectives
- Breakout Exercise 4: Audit Plan
- Performing the Audit
- Breakout Exercise 5: Opening Meeting
- Breakout Exercise 6: Conducting the Audit
- Writing Nonconformity Statements
- Breakout Exercise 7: Writing Nonconformities
- Closing Meeting
- Breakout Exercise 8: Summary Statement and Closing Meeting
- Completing the Audit Report
- Corrective Action and Closeout
- Breakout Exercise 9: Verification and Close-out
- Review of Audit Process and Audit Management Strategies
- Practical Application of Audit Principles and Instructor Interviews
Course Sequence: INTLAT