This two-day workshop provides a step-by-step analysis of the standards, the process
approach to management systems, and the opportunities for creating an integrated
management system which meets the requirements of all three standards: ISO 9001:2008
and/or ISO/TS 16949:2009, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007.
The learning objectives of this workshop focus on the integration of the standards.
The intent is not to teach the “shalls” of each standard, but rather
to understand how the requirements and clauses are integrated.
The workshop is designed to provide a hands-on approach to integrating the documentation
and the processes of the organization. The Omnex integration process and methodology
focuses on management systems integration in three ways - integrating processes,
integrating risk, and integrating audits. This class focuses on the integration
of process and risk.
Who Should Attend
This seminar is designed for Quality, Environmental, and Health & Safety Management
Representatives as well as Quality, Environmental, and Health & Safety Professionals
seeking the most efficient method of integrating international quality, environmental
and occupational health & safety management system requirements.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
A general understanding of the management system standards (ISO 9001:2008 and/or
ISO/TS 16949:2009, ISO 14001:2004 and/or OHSAS 18001:2007) is required, although
a more professional understanding and practical experience is preferred.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual including breakout exercises.
- Study the structure of ISO 9001:2008 and/or ISO/TS 16949:2009, ISO 14001:2004 and
- Understand the Process Based Approach to integration
- Understand how the ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and/or OHSAS 18001:2007 requirements
and clauses integrate
- Recognize the challenges and advantages of implementing an Integrated Management
- Understand how to integrate Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety Risks
- Rationale for Integration
- Breakout Exercise 1: Rationale for Integration
- Overview of the Standards
- ISO 9001:2008
- ISO 14001:2004
- OHSAS 18001:2007
- Understanding the Requirements and Their Relationships
- Clause-by-clause Analysis
- Comparing ISO 14001:2004 and/or OHSAS 18001:2007 to ISO/TS16949:2009
- Similarities and Where to Integrate
- Breakout Exercise 2: Where to Integrate
- The Process Approach - Strategies for Integration
- Breakout Exercise 3: Review the Business Map (Process Approach)
- Defining Policies and Objectives
- Breakout Exercise 4: Gather Requirements and Expectations
- Integrating Process Controls - Risk Analysis Tools and Methodologies
- Failure Modes & Effects Analysis
- Breakout Exercise 5: Understanding the Use of FMEAs
- Control Plans
For more information on ISO 9001:2015 Training
For more information on ISO 14001:2015 Training