Omnex specializes in developing, documenting and implementing integrated business
management systems. What is an integrated management system(IMS)? An integrated
business management system focuses on competitive advantage, employing common processes
to efficiently manage and optimize performance.
This two-day workshop provides a step-by-step analysis of the standards, the process
approach to management systems, and the opportunities for creating an integrated
management system which meets the requirements of both ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004.
Who Should Attend
Quality Assurance Managers, Environmental Managers, General Managers, ISO 9000 /
14000 Implementation team members, management representatives and Internal Auditors
should attend this course. Those implementing either of these standards should attend
Recommended Training and/or Experience
At least an introductory understanding of ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 is required,
a professional understanding is preferred.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual.
- Study the structure of ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004
- Understand the Process Based Approach
- Understand ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004
- Recognize challenges and advantages of implementing an Integrated Management Systems(IMS)
- Understand how to implement integrated systems.
- Introduction to the ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 Standards
- Background, Purpose and Scope
- The Need to Integrate Management Systems
- Understanding the structure of ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004
- Breakout Exercise 1 – Understanding the Structure and Opportunities for Integration
- Breakout Exercise 2 – Documentation Structures and the Tier One Document
- Understanding the Process Based Approach
- Breakout Exercise 3 – Integrated Processes
- Understanding ISO 9001:2008
- Understanding ISO 14001:2004
- Integrating ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004
- Implementation of an Integrated Management System(IMS)
- Challenges in Implementation
- Documenting the System
- Advantages and Benefits of an Integrated System
- Breakout Exercise 4 - Conducting Integrated Audits
- Review and Discussion