What is an integrated management system(IMS)? An integrated business management
system focuses on competitive advantage, employing common processes to efficiently
manage and optimize performance.
This five-day seminar explains all three standards and their impact on audit systems
and the auditing process. Participants will learn the documentation process, how
to conduct an audit, complete the audit report, and take corrective action. Techniques
for leading audit teams will also be discussed.
The seminar is built around a case study, which includes the integrated approach.
Also included are case studies to develop skills for identifying nonconformities.
Who Should Attend
Quality Assurance Managers, Environmental Managers, Health Safety Managers, General
Managers, ISO 9001 / ISO 14001 / OHSAS 18001 Implementation team members, safety
officers, management representatives and Internal Auditors should attend this course.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
At least an introductory understanding of ISO/TS 16949:2009, ISO 14001:2004 and
OHSAS 18001:2007 is required. A professional understanding is preferred.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual and a breakout workbook that includes
auditing case studies.
- Understand the Integrated Management Systems(IMS) auditing process.
- Understand each clause of ISO/TS 16949:2009, ISO 14001:2004, and OHSAS 18001:2007.
- Understand the application of the principles, procedures and techniques of auditing.
- Understand the conduct of an effective audit in the context of the auditee’s organizational
- Understand the application of the regulations, and other considerations that are
relevant to the management system, and the conduct of the audit.
- Practice personal attributes necessary for the effective and efficient conduct of
a management system audit.
- Establish, plan and task the activities of an audit team.
- Communicate effectively with the auditee and audit client.
- Organize and direct audit team members.
- Prevent and resolve conflict with the auditee and/or within the audit team.
- Prepare and complete the audit report.
- Introduction and Welcome
- The Challenge for Top Management
- Eight Quality Management Principles
- The ISO Standard Explained
- Overview of ISO/TS 16949:2009 Requirements
- Overview of ISO 14001:2004 Requirements
- Overview of OHSAS 18001:2007 Requirements
- EMS/OHSMS Management System Documentation
- ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Comparison
- Integrating ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Management of Audit Programs
- Audit Planning and Preparation
- Performing the Audit
- Writing Nonconformity Statements
- Closing Meeting
- Completing the Audit Report
- Corrective Action and Closeout
- Review of Audit Process and Audit Management Strategies
- Practical Application of Audit Principles and Instructor Interviews