Omnex is an Exemplar Global Certified TPECS provider for Exemplar Global-FS Competency
Units. This seminar fully covers the ISO 22000:2005 requirements and provides a
comprehensive discussion of the requirements for a Food Safety Management System
under the FSSC 22000 certification scheme. It also covers effective approaches to
documenting, developing, implementing or just upgrading a food safety management
system to meet the requirements of FSSC 22000 and the operational objectives of
the company. The development of HACCP Plans will also be discussed.
Attendees who successfully pass the exams during this course will achieve a Certificate
of Attainment for the following competency units:
- Exemplar Global-FS
- Exemplar Global-HP
Who Should Attend
This seminar is designed for Food Quality Assurance Managers, Food Safety Implementation
Team Members, Management Representatives, and Internal Auditors.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
A generalunderstanding of ISO 22000:2005 is recommended.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual.
- Identify food safety hazards that are reasonably expected to occur for the food
- Assess the significance of identified hazards in the context of the organizationâ€™s
food safety management system.
- Assess the effectiveness of methodologies to control food safety hazards.
- Identify all integrated schemes and procedures used by the organization to achieve
food safety objectives.
- Determine the adequacy and effectiveness of a food safety scheme.
- Understand the application of HACCP theory and principles to individual food businesses.
- Understand the application of food safety management systems as it relates to ISO
- Define Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP).
- Describe the legal and ethical aspects of HACCP.
- Apply HACCP implementation steps 1-12 based on Codex or NACMCF guidelines.
- Develop a HACCP plan.
- Write a procedure for reviewing a HACCP plan.
- Introduction and Welcome
- The Challenge for the Food Sector
- Overview of FSSC 22000
- Understanding ISO 22000:2005 Requirements
- ISO 22000:2005 Clause 4
- ISO 22000:2005 Clause 5
- ISO 22000:2005 Written Exercise 1: Module A
- ISO 22000:2005 Clause 6
- ISO 22000:2005 Clause 7
- ISO 22000:2005 Written Exercise 1: Module B
- ISO 22000:2005 Clause 8
- ISO 22000:2005 Written Exercise 1: Module C
- Prerequisite Programs and HACCP
- HACCP Breakout Exercise: Product Description and Intended Use
- HACCP Breakout Exercise: Process Flow
- HACCP Breakout Exercise: Identify Prerequisite Programs
- HACCP Breakout Exercise: Hazard Analysis
- Prerequisite Programs and HACCP (continued)
- HACCP Breakout Exercise: Hazard Plan
- HACCP Breakout Exercise: HACCP Plan
- HACCP Breakout Exercise: Putting it All Together
- Written Exercise 2
- Written Exercise 3: Critique a HACCP Plan
- FSSC22000 Breakout Exercise: Documentation Review