Omnex is an Exemplar Global Certified TPECS provider for Exemplar Global-FS, Exemplar
Global-AU and Exemplar Global-TL Competency Units. Omnex is also a licensed training
organization for FSSC 22000. This seminar fully covers the ISO 22000:2005 requirements
and provides a comprehensive discussion of the requirements for a Food Safety Management
System under the FSSC 22000 certification scheme. Other topics include audit systems,
the auditing process and audit instruments; the documentation process, conducting
an audit, writing the audit report, and taking corrective action. Techniques for
leading audit teams will also be discussed
Attendees who successfully pass the exams during this course will achieve a Certificate
of Attainment for the following competency units: Exemplar Global-FS, Exemplar Global-AU
and Exemplar Global-TL.
Who Should Attend
This seminar is designed for Food Quality Assurance Managers, Food Safety Implementation
Team Members, Management Representatives, and Internal Auditors.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
A general understanding of ISO 22000:2005 is recommended.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual.
- Identify food safety hazards that are reasonably expected to occur for the food
- Assess the significance of identified hazards in the context of the organizationÂ¡Â¦s
food safety management system.
- Assess the effectiveness of methodologies to control food safety hazards.
- Identify all integrated schemes and procedures used by the organization to achieve
food safety objectives.
- Determine the adequacy and effectiveness of a food safety scheme.
- Understand the application of HACCP theory and principles to individual food businesses.
- Understand the application of food safety management systems as it relates to ISO
- Understand the application of the principles, procedures and techniques of auditing.
- Understand the conduct of an effective audit in the context of the auditeeÂ¡Â¦s organizational
- Understand the application of the regulations, and other considerations that are
relevant to the management system, and the conduct of the audit.
- Practice personal attributes necessary for the effective and efficient conduct of
a management system audit.
- Establish, plan and task the activities of an audit team.
- Communicate effectively with the auditee and audit client.
- Organize and direct audit team members.
- Prevent and resolve conflict with the auditee and/or within the audit team.
- Prepare and complete the audit report.
- Introduction and Welcome
- The Challenge for the Food Sector
- Overview of FSSC 22000
- Overview of ISO 22000:2005 Requirements
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) â€“ Codex Alimentarius
- Breakout Exercise 1: Hazard Analysis
- Breakout Exercise 2: Hazard Plan
- Breakout Exercise 3: HACCP Plan
- Breakout Exercise 4: Putting a HACCP Plan Together
- Prerequisite Programs (PRPs) â€“ ISO/TS 22002
- Breakout Exercise 5: Documentation Review
- Management of Audit Programs
- Audit Planning and Preparation
- Breakout Exercise 6: Scope and Objectives
- Breakout Exercise 7: Audit Plan
- Performing the Audit
- Breakout Exercise 8: Opening Meeting
- Breakout Exercise 9: Conducting the Audit
- Writing Nonconformity Statements
- Breakout Exercise 10: Writing Nonconformities
- Closing Meeting
- Breakout Exercise 11: Summary Statement and Closing Meeting
- Completing the Audit Report
- Corrective Action and Close Out
- Breakout Exercise 12: Verification and Closeout
- Review of Audit Process and Audit Management Strategies
- Practical Application of Audit Principles and Instructor Interviews