This three day course is intended for internal auditors for any organization in
the food chain. Explanation of BRC and audit systems, the auditing process and audit
instruments; documentation process, conduct an audit, write the audit report, and
take corrective action; auditing case studies to develop skills for identifying
Who Should Attend
This seminar is designed for Food Quality Assurance Managers, Food Safety Implementation
Team Members, Management Representatives, and Internal Auditors.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
A general understanding of BRC is recommended.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual.
- Explain the background and goals of BRC.
- Provide an understanding of BRC requirements.
- Provide Best-in-Class quality management system concepts and approaches.
- Understand the application of the principles, procedures and techniques of auditing.
- Understand the conduct of an effective audit in the context of the auditee’s organizational
- Understand the application of the regulations, and other considerations that are
relevant to the management system, and the conduct of the audit.
- Practice personal attributes necessary for the effective and efficient conduct of
a management system audit.
- Documentation Structure of BRC
- Requirements of BRC
- Create and Assign Food Safety Manual
- Process/Procedure Owners
- Team Members and Work Flow
- About the BRC Standard
- Section 1 – Senior Management Commitment and Continuous Improvement
- Section 2 – The Food Safety Plan: HACCP
- Section 3 – Food Safety and Quality Manual
- Section 4 – Site Standards
- Section 5 – Product Control
- Section 6 – Process Control
- Section 7 – Personnel
- Management of Audit Programs
- Audit Planning and Preparation
- Breakout Exercise: Scope and Objectives
- Breakout Exercise: Audit Plan
- Performing the Audit
- Breakout Exercise: Opening Meeting
- Breakout Exercise: Conducting the Audit
- Writing Nonconformity Statements
- Breakout Exercise: Writing Nonconformities
- Closing Meeting
- Breakout Exercise: Summary Statement and Closing Meeting
- Completing the Audit Report
- Corrective Action and Closeout
- Breakout Exercise: Verification and Closeout