Top management has primary responsibility for the development and implementation
of a comprehensive management system meeting the requirements of the automotive
industry and ISO/TS 16949 and for using the system to drive continual improvement
in quality, cost, delivery and customer satisfactionâ€”throughout the organization.
This half-day seminar discusses the general requirements of ISO/TS 16949:2009, focusing
on the role and responsibilities of top management in both the implementation and
management processes of the system.
Who Should Attend
Those in executive management supporting the ISO/TS 16949:2009 efforts of the implementation
team will benefit most from attending this seminar.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
Each participant will receive a seminar manual.
- Understand the requirements of top management in ISO/TS 16949:2009
- Understand the purpose and goals of ISO/TS 16949:2009 and how it will help top management
achieve their business goals
- Understand the implementation structure of ISO/TS 16949:2009
- Learn the sections that impact upper management the most
- Learn what kind of support upper management must provide to the ISO/TS 16949:2009
- Understand the registration process
- Be able to estimate the resources and cost associated with ISO/TS 16949:2009 compliance
Note: Typically, this presentation is customized for the participants. When appropriate,
a specific ISO/TS 16949:2009 implementation plan is added and explained in this
- Background of ISO/TS 16949:2009
- What is ISO/TS 16949:2009?
- Key Themes in ISO/TS 16949:2009
- Management System Principles
- Customer Satisfaction
- Automotive Process Approach
- Managing Continual Improvement
- Primary ISO/TS 16949:2009 Systems Impacting Top Management Explained
- Determining and Deploying Policies and Objectives
- Identifying Key Performance Measures
- Monitoring, Measuring and Analyzing Process and System Performance
- Operational Management Review
- Implementing ISO/TS 16949:2009
- Resource Requirements
- ISO/TS 16949:2009 Implementation Plan
- Registration Steps
- Code of Practice
- Auditor Selection Strategies