EPS represents the most current and up-to-date methodologies and techniques in problem solving in the world today. This class incorporates Problem Definition, IS/IS Not, 5 Why, and the three types of Root Causes and their solutions. Most innovative in this approach is the linkage of the failure mode into problem solving and a robust Preventive Action including the Read-Across methodology.
This seminar is taught with a number of different options depending on the needs of the organization.
- Two-day EPS seminar with breakout exercises
- One additional day covering the Seven Statistical Tools that aid problem solving including Check Sheets, Pareto Charts, Histograms, Cause and Effect Diagrams etc. including Brainstorming and Decision Analysis
The class can also be taught as a part of a Quality Improvement process. Omnex will visit the organization one or two months prior to the training to identify problems/issues to improve based on customer and internal issues.
The class will consist of the individuals chosen for the Cross Functional teams for problem solving. Either a two day or three day class can be provided as described above. On the last day of the class, the teams will start their problem solving activities. The Omnex trainer/facilitator can continue to provide onsite mentoring to ensure problems are solved and that team problem solving competency take root.
There is one more option available. Instead of kicking off problem solving tools on the last day, Omnex can sample Customer and Supplier Problem Solving issues and help the team critique good and bad problem solving techniques. This will help company personnel understand improvements that need to be made to current practices.
The class can be taught using any format including 8D, PRR, A3 etc.
Who Should Attend
This seminar is designed for individuals and teams who are responsible for identifying, solving and eliminating problems that hinder quality, productivity and Customer Satisfaction.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
Participants should possess the ability and/or desire to work with small groups of people in a cooperative and productive manner to achieve planned objectives.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual, including a complete package of problem solving worksheets and checklists for each step of the process, as well as all team exercise materials.
- Understand the problem solving process
- Understand continual improvement and the problem solving process
- Understand the uses of problem solving tools
- Understand how the problem solving process is managed
- Understand relationships between EPS and other problem solving methodologies
- Introduction to Effective Problem Solving
- The Effective Problem Solving Process
(Team Breakout exercises conducted for each step)
- Step 1: Problem Identification
- Step 2: Initiate Containment
- Step 3: Determine Failure Mode
- Step 4: Root Cause Analysis
- Step 5: Corrective Action
- Step 6: Implement Preventive Action
- Read-Across Process
Problem Solving Tools (Optional)
- Decision Analysis and Team breakout exercise
- Seven Statistical Tools Introduction
(Team breakout exercises conducted for all seven tools)
- Check Sheets
- Flow Charts
- Trend Charts and Scatter Diagram
- Pareto Charts
- Creativity, Brainstorming and Cause and Effect Diagrams
- Histogram and Process Capability
- Control Charts