This one-day overview addresses the purpose of PPAP as the
culmination of the APQP process and provides a detailed
examination of Production Part Approval Process requirements.
We will focus on determining if all customer engineering,
design record, and specification requirements are properly
understood, and that the production process has the potential to
meet these requirements during an actual production run at the
quoted production rate.
The approaches discussed and employed in this course are
consistent with the intent and guidelines in the PPAP 4th Edition
manual issued by GM, Ford and Chrysler through the AIAG.
Who Should Attend
- Program managers
- Design, Quality, and Manufacturing Engineers
- Persons who have direct responsibility for preparation, assembly or review of PPAP
components or packages.
- Auditors and those responsible for subcontractor PPAP documentation.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
Participants should possess a general knowledge of quality systems.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual and a workbook including all team breakout exercises.
- Understand the requirements and timing impacts of the PPAP.
- Provide examples and lessons learned for use in the hands-on application needed
for successful PPAP submission.
- PPAP Class Overview
- Alignment with TS16949 and APQP
- Key changes from 3rd Edition
- PPAP Definitions, Scope and Purpose
- Requirement of Submission
- Submission Levels
- Part Submission Status
- Record Retention
- Record & Master Sample Retention
- PPAP Process Requirements
- Part Submission Warrant
- Key changes to PSW from 3rd Edition
- How to Audit/Review PPAP