This five-day seminar addresses in depth, how Process Flows, Process Failure Modes
and Effects Analysis (PFMEA), Control Plans and shop floor documentation are linked
and used to achieve process standardization and improvement. This seminar also focuses
on PPAP and PSW consistent with the requirements of ISO/TS 16949:2002 (Second Edition)
and the AIAG Third Edition FMEA Manual as well as basic the basic concepts of Statistical
Process Control (SPC) and Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA).
The approaches discussed and employed in this course are consistent with the intent
and guidelines in the APQP 2nd Edition, FMEA 4th Edition, and PPAP 4th Edition manuals
issued by GM, Ford and Chrysler through the AIAG.
Who Should Attend
This seminar is designed for Internal Auditors, Management Representatives, ISO
9001 and ISO/TS 16949 Implementation Teams, and others who would like to develop
judgment and decision-making in ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949 and to learn how to effectively
audit the New Product Development activities.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
Participants should possess a working knowledge of, as well as some experience in
ISO-based quality management systems, as well as a firm understanding of basic quality
Each participant will receive a seminar manual. All concepts will be introduced
using examples. Group exercises will make use of an example product and process.
- Provide a basic understanding of the core tools used in New Product Development
for effective auditing programs.
- Provide a hands-on approach to AQP and its relationship to program management to
give the knowledge and skills needed to participate in a team that will introduce
new products and processes smoothly.
- Focus on the use of Process Management to achieve standardization and improvement
using Process Flow Diagrams, Process FMEA and Process Control Plans.
- Understand all major automotive industry approaches to FMEAs and Control Plans and
the variations in current use.
- Develop the understanding and skills necessary to measure and monitor manufacturing
processes and correct problems when they arise.
- Auditors will have a firm understanding of statistical tools required for auditing
an organizations knowledge and use of statistical methods.
- Process Flow
- Process FMEA
- Control Plans
- Work Instructions
- Product Approval Process (PAP)