This two-day seminar is designed to provide participants with an understanding of how the risk management elements of Aerospace Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) help ensure successful launches based on robust New Product Development processes, as well as how to employ the same tools to manage continual improvement in products and processes. The multidisciplinary approach to APQP knowledge management is stressed as essential to shortening development cycle times and reducing launch risk in new product introduction.
This seminar also provides guidance on the Aerospace PPAP. It shows where and when to incorporate prevention tools such as DFMEA, DFM/DFA, Process Flow, PFMEA, Control Plans, MSA, and SPC. This class provides a comprehensive overview of the overall APQP and Core Tools suite.
APQP and PPAP with the associated tools needs to be integrated with AS9100D clause 8.0 Operation.
Who Should Attend
Senior Managers and individuals with direct responsibility for introducing new products or new manufacturing technologies will benefit from this seminar.
Those responsible for APQP and PPAP in the Aerospace industry as well as AS9100D implementation team members will also benefit from this seminar.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
- Basic understanding of management systems
- Some exposure to the New Product Development (NPD) process
Each participant will receive a seminar manual including exercises.
- Describe the Aerospace APQP and PPAP requirements
- Assist an organization in implementing these requirements
- Introduction to AS9145
- General APQP and Phase 1 Requirements
- APQP Phase 2 Requirements
- APQP Phase 3 Requirements
- APQP Phase 4 Requirements
- APQP Phase 5 Requirements
- Production Part Approval Process