This one-day hands-on seminar is intended to address the
purpose of the First Article Inspection process (FAI) as the
culmination of the AQP process and provides a detailed
examination of preparation required for the enhanced FAI/AQP
requirements. This class focuses on the planning necessary in
preparation of an enhanced FAI/AQP.
The Production Trial Run requires that the process
documentation including Process Flows, PFMEAs, Control
Plans and Work Instructions are completed and that the
operators are trained. Also, gauging, tooling and the equipment
must be made ready. MSA studies and Process Capability
studies should all be completed prior to the enhanced FAI/AQP.
Warranty preparation and submission is also covered.
Who Should Attend
- Program Managers
- Project Managers
- Design, Quality and Manufacturing Engineers
- Enhanced FAI/AQP Coordinators / persons who have direct responsibility for preparation, assembly or review of
enhanced FAI/AQP components or packages
- Auditors and those responsible for supplier enhanced FAI/AQP documentation
- AQP Team Members
- All other Risk Management personnel
Recommended Training and/or Experience
A general knowledge of quality systems is required.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual and a workbook including all team breakout exercises.
- Understand the requirements and timing impacts of the enhanced FAI/AQP
- Provide examples and lessons learned for use in the handson application needed for successful enhanced FAI/AQP submission
- Plan for a Production Trial Run, i.e., first production run of a product
- Learn how to conduct a Process Readiness Assessment
- Introduction – Advanced Quality Process
- Breakout Exercise: What’s Needed?
- Planning for FAI/AQP
- Preparing for the Initial Production Run
- Process Readiness
- Breakout Exercise: Planning and Conducting the Process Readiness Assessment
- Conducting Initial Production Run
- The FAI Report
- Breakout Exercise: Revisiting What’s Needed