This one-day hands-on seminar is intended to equip participants with the skills
required to succeed in the application of Advanced Quality Planning (AQP) to the
product realization and Supplier Quality Management (SQM) process. The approach
of this course is based on best practices by experts in the field.
By attending this course, participants will also gain insight and knowledge regarding
the use of prevention-based techniques used for an on-time and low PPM product launch.
These techniques include Project Planning, Project Reviews, Risk Analysis and Manufacturing
Feasibility Risk Analysis, as well as conducting Project Reviews and planning for
overall Project Reviews and Project Scorecards. The use of risk-based and FMEA-based
processes, including an enhanced FAI/AQP process currently used by companies in
the Aerospace industry such as Bombardier, Parker Aerospace and Pratt & Whitney
will be discussed.
This class includes breakout exercise sessions using an example of an Aerospace
sub-assembly project and product launch. This running example will be used throughout
the 16-day Aerospace Risk Management and Analysis Series.
Who Should Attend
- Project Managers
- FMEA Facilitators
- All other Risk Management personnel
Recommended Training and/or Experience
Participants should possess a working knowledge of quality systems and methodologies.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual and a workbook including all team
- Understand standardized terminology for AQP
- Gain insight, knowledge and skill sets required for AQP and Risk Management, including:
- Project Planning
- Risk Analysis
- Project Reviews
- Understand the standardized approach for the AQP and best-in-class techniques
- Overview: Advanced Quality Planning and Project Management
- The Need for Change
- Industry in Transition
- Project Management
- Advanced Quality Planning
- Breakout Exercise: Phase 1 Project Planning – Part A
- Risk Analysis
- Breakout Exercise: Phase 1 Project Planning – Part B
- Project Timing
- Breakout Exercise: Phase 1 Project Planning – Part C
- Conducting the Project Kick Off
- AQP Project Reviews
- Breakout Exercise: Project Review Agenda and Project Scorecards