Home > ISO Training > AS9100 Training > AS9100C Lead Auditor Training
Omnex is an Exemplar Global Certified TPECS provider for Exemplar Global-QM, Exemplar
Global-AU and Exemplar Global-TL Competency Units. This seminar fully covers the
ISO 9001 requirements in addition to the requirements of AS9100C, which is the quality
management standard for Aviation, Space and Defense organizations. Other topics
include audit systems, the auditing process and audit instruments; the documentation
process, conducting an audit, writing the audit report, and taking corrective action.
Auditing case studies to develop skills for identifying nonconformities will be
Note: The Aerospace Auditor Transition Training (AATT) must also be completed in
order to become a certified Aerospace Auditor.
Aerospace Process Approach Auditing has three main components - Process Auditing,
Customer Focus and Leadership Auditing - each of which must follow the requirements
laid out in AS9101E. This course will give instruction and guidance on conducting
the Process Audit using the PEAR form and Turtle Diagrams.
Attendees who successfully pass the exams during this course will achieve a Certificate
of Attainment for the following competency units:
- Exemplar Global-QM
- Exemplar Global-AU
- Exemplar Global-TL
Who Should Attend
This seminar is designed for Management Representatives, AS9100C Implementation
Teams, Internal Auditors and others who would like to develop judgment and decision-making
in AS9100C and learn the auditing process for first, second, and third party auditors.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
An extensive understanding of the AS9100C requirements and/or work experience in
applying AS9100C is recommended.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual and a breakout workbook that includes
auditing case studies.
- Understand the application of Quality Management Principles in the context of ISO
9001 and/or AS9100C.
- Relate the quality management system to the organizational products, including services,
and operational processes.
- Understand the application of the principles, procedures and techniques of auditing.
- Understand the conduct of an effective audit in the context of the auditee’s organizational
- Understand the application of the regulations, and other considerations that are
relevant to the management system, and the conduct of the audit.
- Practice personal attributes necessary for the effective and efficient conduct of
a management system audit.
- Establish, plan and task the activities of an audit team.
- Communicate effectively with the auditee and audit client.
- Organize and direct audit team members.
- Prevent and resolve conflict with the auditee and/or within the audit team.
- Prepare and complete the audit report.
- Introduction and Welcome
- Understanding Aviation, Defense and Space Industry Standards
- The Challenge for Top Management and the Eight Quality Management Principles
- The ISO 9001 and AS9100 Standards Explained
- Overview of AS9100C Requirements
- Breakout Exercise 1: Exclusions
- Overview of AS9100C Requirements
- Overview of AS9100C Requirements (cont'd)
- Introduction to AS9100C Audit Trails
- Breakout Exercise 2: Documentation Review
- Management of Audit Programs
- Audit Planning and Preparation
- Breakout Exercise 3: Scope and Objectives
- Breakout Exercise 4: Audit Plan
- Performing the Audit
- Breakout Exercise 5: Opening Meeting
- Breakout Exercise 6: Conducting the Audit
- Writing Nonconformity Statements
- Breakout Exercise 7: Writing Nonconformities
- Closing Meeting
- Breakout Exercise 8: Summary Statement and Closing Meeting
- Completing the Audit Report
- Corrective Action and Closeout
- Breakout Exercise 9: Verification and Closeout
- Review of Audit Process and Audit Management Strategies
- Practical Application of Audit Principles and Instructor Interviews