This one day seminar addresses the purpose of PPAP and a detailed examination of
Production Part Approval Process requirements. Focuses on determining if all customer
engineering, design record, and specification requirements are properly understood
by the supplier, and that the production process has the potential to meet these
requirements during an actual production run at the quoted production rate.
This seminar is consistent with the DCX, Ford and GM manual PPAP, 4th edition.
Who Should Attend
Program managers; design, quality, and manufacturing engineers; those who have direct
responsibility for preparation, assembly or review of PPAP components or packages.
Auditors and those responsible for subcontractor PPAP documentation.
A general knowledge of quality systems is required.
Seminar manual and workbook.
- Understand the requirements and timing impacts of the PPAP.
- Provide examples and lessons learned for use in the hands-on application needed
for successful PPAP submission.
- Overview and vital general information.
- Customer notification and submission requirements.
- Submission levels of evidence.
- Submission status.
- Record retention requirements.
- PPAP document requirements.
Course Sequence: PPAP