Demonstrates how Process Flows, Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Control
Plans, and procedural documentation can be used to achieve process standardization
and improvement in a service environment; 2-Day Seminar. supports ISO 9001:2008
Who Should Attend
Operations and Service Managers, Quality Assurance Managers, Engineers, Program
and Project Managers and participants, and others with direct responsibility for
process standardization and improvement including new product or service delivery.
General knowledge of quality systems required.
Seminar manual and demo copy of the AQuA software package.
Provides a comprehensive approach to the use of Process Flow Diagrams, Process FMEA
and Process Control Plans for achieving standardization and improvement.
- Characteristics; what they are; why analyze?
- Determining importance levels
- Characteristics Matrix
- Process Flow - definitions and benefits
- Inputs needed for a Process Flow
- Process FMEA - Links, conceptual overview and how to construct
- Risk assessment and reliability FMEA
- Control Methods
- Standardization & Continuous Improvement
Course Sequence: AQPS