This three day workshop addresses, in a hands on workshop, the elements of APQP
for planning and developing the manufacturing process and system in preparation
for product launch as well as the management of continual improvement. The workshop
spans the entire process from planning and defining the program through process
and product validation to launch.
Who Should Attend
Quality Managers, Quality Engineers, Program Managers, Project Team Leaders, Manufacturing/Process
Engineers, Product Design/Development Engineers, other APQP team members (Purchasing,
Logistics, Tool Designers, Materials Management, Shop floor supervisors and/or team
Each participant will receive extensive course material.
- Understand APQP as a process from concept to launch in the manufacturing environment.
- Manufacturing Process and System Design and Development
- The Process Review Methodology establishing the linkages between Process flow, PFMEA,
Control Plan and Work instruction
- Developing the Process Flow, Process FMEA and Control Plan
- How to derive Work instructions using APQP methodology
- The process for product and process validation
- APQP Overview
- Plan and Define the Program
- APQP Phase II Non-design Elements
- APQP Phase III:
- Development and Use of the Process flow Document
- Conducting and Documenting the Process FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
- Improvement Planning and Execution
- Documenting and Implementing Effective Control Plans
- Work instructions development
- Phase IV: Verification and Validation
There will be 5 team-based breakout activites providing the participants hands-on
involvement in the use of these methodologies.
Course Sequence: APQPMANU