This one-day overview addresses all the elements of Advance Product Quality Planning
(APQP) and defines it as a process in your organization. It provides an overview
of the 5 phases of APQP and how it is managed as a process. It also details PPAP
as the culmination of the APQP process and provides a detailed examination of Production
Part Approval Process requirements.
We will focus on determining if all customer engineering, design record, and specification
requirements are properly understood, and that the production process has the potential
to meet these requirements during an actual production run at the quoted production
The approaches discussed and employed in this course are consistent with the intent
and guidelines in the PPAP 4th Edition manual issued by GM, Ford and FCA through
Who Should Attend
- Program Managers
- Design, Quality, and Manufacturing Engineers
- Persons who have direct responsibility for preparation, assembly or review of PPAP
components or packages.
- Auditors and those responsible for subcontractor PPAP documentation.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
Participants should possess a general knowledge of quality systems.
In order to effectively provide this course, the client will need to provide a complete
PPAP package for incorporation into the class and breakout exercises
Each participant will receive a seminar manual and a workbook including all team
- Provide a hands-on approach to the APQP process and its relationship to program
deliverables and status reporting to provide the competencies needed to introduce
new products and processes smoothly.
- Understand the requirements and timing impacts of the PPAP.
- Provide examples and lessons learned for use in the hands-on application needed
for successful PPAP submission.
- Automotive Requirements
- Alignment of Processes
- AIAG APQP Model
- APQP Phases
- Product Life Cycle
- Concurrent Engineering
- Program Management
- Timing Plans (Gantt Chart)
- 5 Phases of APQP
- Program Management
- PPAP Class Overview
- Alignment with TS16949 and APQP
- Key changes from 3rd Edition
- PPAP Definitions, Scope and Purpose
- Requirement of Submission
- Submission Levels
- Part Submission Status
- Record Retention
- Record & Master Sample Retention
- PPAP Process Requirements
- Part Submission Warrant
- Key changes to PSW from 3rd Edition
- How to Audit / Review PPAP