Omnex Singapore Management Team
Rajasekharan Pillai (Managing Director and CEO of Omnex Singapore)
Rajasekharan Pillai is the Managing Director and CEO of Omnex Singapore operations.
He has immense experience of around 20+ years of which the last 6 years has been
in operations consulting with McKinsey and Company. Apart from being the Expert
Associate Principal and Leader of the Asia Operations Practice based at the Singapore
office, he was also a leader of the Mckinsey Global Energy and Materials (GEM) Practice
and Reliability Practitioners' network.
His McKinsey experience includes:
Operations transformation leadership
- Ports and shipping network of one of the National Oil and Gas Company in South East
Asia- (Lean operations reducing turnaround time, improving vessel performance and
port performance and maintenance)
- Refinery in South Asia to lift performance close to world class- on reliability
improvement, procurement improvement, contractor management, operations of processing
- Leading global Oil and Gas Corporation in their upstream exploration assets in Asia
Pacific to deliver top quartile performance of the assets. (improve shutdown maintenance
and equipment reliability)
- World-class cement plant in South East Asia lifting performance from Good to Great-
(maintenance, contractor management, reliability system improvement, spare parts
- National Post and logistics company in South East Asia - Improved performance of
logistics, mail and delivery operations. Currently working on developing growth
strategy to "Go international"
- Heavy electrical equipment manufacturing company in Taiwan - Lean operations improvement
and capability building- improved capacity, productivity, reduced manufacturing
lead time and inventory
- Various, short operations improvement studies in South African coal mines
Overall company transformation
- Led Growth Strategy and operations transformation program for the national postal
and logistic company in South East Asia to double the revenues, develop a balance
portfolio of businesses and necessary capabilities to implement the same.
- 20 month long program with a Belgian-Sri Lanka JV manufacturing specialty transportation
systems - in manufacturing, purchasing, supply chain, Design-to-cost and organizational
redesign (establishing new vision, mission, values and capabilities through leadership
workshops and capability academy)
- Maintenance and Reliability improvement in manufacturing and process industry (including
refinery ports, refinery operation, Oil Exploration, Cement mfg)
- Quick diagnostic tool kit (Manufacturing Excellence Diagnostic - MED) and applied
in Asia and South Africa. Developed project manager guide for MED application Mining
- Architected the Singapore Manufacturing Excellence Award - its framework and execution.
Still guiding EDB (Economic Development Board) on this project
- Developed several transformation case studies and documents.
- Fire walk - to break limiting thoughts of people to increase belief in delivering
Prior to McKinsey, Raja has around 14 years experience in Manufacturing, Procurement,
Production control/ logistics and Engineering functions across Asia Pacific region.
He worked with Delphi and Delphi suppliers across India, Malaysia, and Singapore
as Senior Manager and Director. He has a great passion for Lean transformation of
business units and functions. He was a member of the Asia Pacific Leadership team
of the company as "Lean Change Champion". As the Component business manager for
Asia pacific he developed strategies for supply and manufacturing of components
in Asia. He developed plants in Singapore and China. Increased regional component
supply base from 20% to 65% in less than 3 years.
Raja holds a Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering from the Kerala University
(College of Engineering Trivandrum), India, and Masters in Business Administration
from the California State University, Hayward, USA.
Integrare-Omnex Pte Ltd.,
2 Indus Road, #14-03, Tiong Bahru, Singapore - 169586
Phone: +65 62767057, 62767012
Fax: +65 62767194
© 2017 Omnex Inc, USA. All rights reserved
Questions or comments regarding this website: email@example.com
Powered By Omnex Communications