BOSS - Customer-Focused Data Management System for Continuous Improvement
Why use BOSS?
BOSS, or Business Operating Systems Software enables companies to apply a logical
order to everyday data. Generally companies are data-rich and analysis-poor. When
the data available is overlooked, it can't be utilized to formulate solutions and
maximize a company's potential. BOSS provides the data for problem solving and decision
analysis and it allows companies to align customer expectations to key processes
and on to improvements.
So, what does BOSS do?
- Allows you to benchmark yourself against your competition
- Determines customer requirements and assigns key actions and measurables to business
units across the enterprise
- Tracks supplier key performance indicators (KPI)
- Creates and manages corrective action teams and assigns champions
- Manages all corrective action meetings and creates action plans
- Generates meeting notification to all participants
- Creates and stores improvement proposals
- Root cause analysis
- Advanced graphics for quick and easy visual analysis of data
- Allows for integration with other software systems like ERP
- Input industry data and measure your results against the industry averages and individual
- Graphically track your performance on an ongoing basis
- Track and manage your supplier KPI data
Assign Key Measurables
- Assign key actions and measurables to a business unit or particular team
- Assign champions to a corresponding team and measurable
Create and Manage Action Plans
- Generate the Action Plans for a particular meeting subject or improvement team
- Auto-generate notifications to key people regarding pending actions
- Automatically publish the Action Plans into the document management repository
Create and Manage Improvement Proposals
Create improvement proposals that correspond to the process measurable and thereby
focus your proposals on meeting customer expectations.
Root cause analysis
Track quality problems, determine their root causes, and log the actions to be taken
to rectify each problem.
Advanced Visual Analysis
- Identify all the details related to the charts in the QOS process for analysis.
- Use the aggregation drill-down features to quickly determine the root cause of a
- Compare the results of facilities or business units within your enterprise.
- All data can be converted into a variety of charts including Trend, Pareto and Paynter
The Worksheet and the specific Aggregations selected in Chart Worksheets can be
tracked using Power Tracker.
The following table presents the icon colors and their descriptions.
Power Tracker Light System
If current value is less than trigger value, but greater than goal value
If current value is greater than trigger value
If current value is less than trigger value and goal value
Automated Data Entry
Data from other EwQMS Modules or even other software systems can be directly entered
in BOSS, or programmed for automatic entry.