This one day workshop introduces Value Stream Mapping to measure and define process
improvement opportunities. It looks at all of the actions required to bring raw
material through the organization and to the customer as final product. Once the
process is 'visualized', a plan can be developed to increase flow and reduce waste.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is intended for those responsible for Leading Lean manufacturing projects
that will follow this planning exercise.
Each participant will receive a Value Stream Mapping Manual with all workshop materials.
- Develop an understanding of the Lean improvement philosophy, process and tools
- Develop knowledge and skills for creating current and future state value stream
- Create a current state map, future state map and a Lean project deployment plan
for one of your product families.
- Create a roadmap to attain the "Future State"
This workshop introduces Value Stream Mapping to measure and define the process
- Value Stream Mapping Process
- Appoint a Value Stream Leader
- Choose Process Families
- Create Your Current State Map
- See the Waste/Opportunities
- Create Your Future State Map
- Develop and Execute a Working Plan
- Maintain and Expand the VSM Process
Participants will analyze and document the current state value stream for a case
study. They will then create a future state value stream map that identifies and
quantifies the opportunities for improving process performance through the deployment
of Lean Manufacturing technologies. The result will be the development of a roadmap
to achieve the "Future State."
Workshop Sequence: LEANVSM