Six Sigma Case Study for Automotive Company A
Heater/Condenser component machining, plastic injection molding, fabrication, and
Six Sigma Implementation
Omnex consultant/trainer was retained by the company to train and certify an initial
flight of Six Sigma Black Belts, and to lead and monitor product and process improvement
- RTY Improvement - Condenser Machining and Assembly.
- RTY Improvement - Lens molding Process.
- RTY Improvement - Aluminum tube bending.
- RTY improvement - Fin process (condenser core) Fabrication.
- RTY improvement - Header cores Fabrication.
- Productivity Improvement - Tube Mill Core Builder.
- Reduction in MXI fuel and temperature calibration rejects.
- Warranty Reduction Starters and Alternators.
- Inventory reduction - raw material standardization.
- Inventory reduction - tube cut-off.
- Reduction in supply chain costs with respect to inventory, packing.
- Minimization of utility costs in Paint Department.
- Cost/supplier reduction: localization of part production.
- Use different financial products to bring down interest costs.
Indications of success:
All projects met or exceeded their targets for cost, quality, and/or productivity
improvement(s) as determined by Champions' review and follow-up audit.
To find out more about Omnex's workshops and consulting services in Breakaway Lean®,
Excelerated Six Sigma® or Unified Lean/Six Sigma® please contact:
CALL OR EMAIL
Omnex Business Development
Six Sigma Customers
American Online India
Bundy India Ltd.
Six Sigma Case Studies
21 Six Sigma Black Belt projects at an international electronics company more...
Six Sigma Case Study for Automotive Company A more...
Six Sigma Case Study for Automotive Company B more...
Case study for external failure analysis - How does Omnex do it? Find out in this case study more...