Breakaway Lean® Mistake Proofing (Poka-Yoke)
This two-day workshop offers instruction and practice in application of the tools and methodologies used in striving for perfection. This workshop provides instruction and guided practice in the application of Mistake Proofing devices to equipment downtime. Participants will determine the cost savings and increased productive capacity resulting from Mistake Proofing.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is designed for those responsible for improving quality and productivity in manufacturing operations. This workshop is an applied workshop. Participants will apply the lessons learned to real world plant equipment. This workshop is team-based. Each team should include the Process Champion and up to four Lean Sense is. There is a limit of 3 teams per session.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
Ideally participants will have developed current and future state maps for the process selected for improvement.
Each participant will receive a workshop manual.
- Understand the philosophy, history and benefits of Mistake Proofing
- Understand how Mistake Proofing fits into a modern quality management system
- Develop your ability to plan and deploy Mistake Proofing methods to achieve significant reductions in defect rates
- History of Mistake Proofing
- Relationship between Operating Conditions, Mistakes and Defects
- Mistake Proofing and APQP Process
- Prevention versus Detection Systems
- Mistake Proofing Development Process
- Mistake Proofing Toolbox
- Creative and Structured Problem Solving
- Evaluating Mistake Proofing Systems
- Closing the Loop – Mistake Proofing and APQP
- Performance Management and Mistake Proofing
Course Sequence: PYOKE
To find out more about Omnex's workshops and consulting services in Breakaway Lean®,
Excelerated Six Sigma® or Unified Lean/Six Sigma® please contact:
CALL OR EMAIL
Omnex Business Development
Lean/Six Sigma Customers
Lean/Six Sigma Case Studies
Lean/Kaizen Event at Tier One Automotive OEM
Lean Manufacturing Case Study for Components Company
Case study for external failure analysis - How does Omnex do it? Find out in this
Lean/Six Sigma Endorsements