This two-day workshop offers instruction and practice in the application of the
tools and methodologies used in striving for perfection. This workshop offers instruction
and guided practice for measuring and improving Overall Equipment Effectiveness
(OEE). Participants will learn how to improve OEE by leading project teams to implement
Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) to reduce downtime due to breakdowns and minor
stoppages. Participants will also learn how to reduce the time lost due to setups
and changeovers through application of SMED (Single Minute Exchange of Die). This
workshop provides instruction and guided practice in the application of Mistake
Proofing devices to equipment downtime. Participants will determine the cost savings
and increased productive capacity resulting from improved OEE through the application
of TPM, SMED and Mistake Proofing.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is designed for leaders responsible for improving quality and productivity
in manufacturing operations.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
Experience with Value Stream Mapping and the development of current and future state
maps is necessary.
Each participant will receive a workshop manual.
- Develop your understanding of Lean Principles
- Develop your understanding of key Lean Tools
- Understand and be able to apply the Quick Changeover process to achieve fast changovers/setups
- Understand and be able to measure Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Be able to use OEE as a tool to measure and improve equipment capacity
- Understand and be able to utilize Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) methods to
improve equipment performance
- Understand and be able to implement Mistake Proofing devices to reduce defect rates
- Lean Principles
- Lean Tools
- Value Stream Mapping (VSM)
- 5S: Workplace Organization
- Quick Changeovers
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Mistake Proofing