This two-day workshop introduces Value Stream Mapping to measure and define process
improvement opportunities. It looks at all of the actions required to bring raw
material through the organization and to the customer as final product. Once the
process is ‘visualized’, a plan can be developed to increase flow and reduce waste.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is designed for those responsible for leading Lean manufacturing projects
that follow this planning exercise.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
Experience with Value Stream Mapping and the development of current and future state
maps is necessary.
Each participant will receive a workshop manual and a workbook including workshop
- Develop an understanding of the Lean improvement philosophy, process and tools
- Develop knowledge and skills for creating current and future state value stream
- Create a current state map, future state map and a Lean project deployment plan
for one of your product families
- Create a roadmap to attain the "Future State"
- Drawing Current State Maps
- Measuring Current Performance
- Analyzing the Current State
- Drawing Future State Maps
- Gap Analysis – Future State versus Current State Performance
- Measuring the Savings from Lean Projects
Workshop Sequence: LEANVSM