This one-day workshop develops knowledge and skills for deploying pull-scheduling
systems to be used where continuous flow is not yet possible. Participants will
learn how to determine appropriate levels of inventory needed to maintain production
schedules with minimum waste. Participants will learn how to develop and deploy
kanbans for real-time shop floor scheduling and inventory management. Participants
will also learn how to determine the cost savings realized from supermarket-pull
Who Should Attend
This workshop is designed those responsible for planning, organizing and completing
Lean and/or Six Sigma Projects.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
Participants are expected to have developed current and future state maps for the
process selected for improvement.
Each participant will receive a workshop manual.
- Understand and be able to plan and implement pull scheduling using supermarkets
- Understand and apply the concept of heijunka – level scheduling
- Design, develop and deploy supermarket-pull systems to improve production control
and inventory management
- Introduction to Pull Systems
- Introduction to Supermarkets
- Introduction to Kanbans
- Designing Supermarkets
- Introduction to Heijunka (leveling)
- Scheduling Standards and Visual Controls
Workshop Sequence: LEANSPSCH