Omnex has worked with some of the largest organizations in the world including Ford,
Cummins, Mack Truck and others in helping their supply bases. Omnex helped Ford
Motor Company develop and roll-out the QOS process to their entire North American
supplier base. Subsequently, Omnex assisted in the roll-out of a combined QOS, APQP
and QS-9000 (predecessor to ISO TS 16949) methodology to Ford and Ford Suppliers
in Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, India, and Thailand. Omnex also helped a JV of
Cummins and DFM roll-out ISO/TS 16949, APQP, and the core tools in 1999 and subsequently
helped all the DFM plants including their suppliers.
Some of Omnex's biggest successes occurred while working alongside the Semiconductor
Assembly Council (SAC) to transform the Semiconductor supply chain in SE Asia transform
itself into the best in the world. Ron Ramos of Philips Semiconductor and a board
member of SAC reported the results of the transformation as follows:
- Productivity improvements : 10% - 30%
- Yield improvement
- Subcontractor yields improved to 99.6%
- Performance to schedule improvement
- Consistently sustaining 100%
- Number of customer complaints decreased
Here is a list of projects undertaken by Omnex around the globe: (in no particular
- Conducted APQP, SPC, MSA, and PPAPs for 220 suppliers for a New Car Launch (Indica)
for an OEM of Tata Motors in 2000. This car launched with a high quality index and
was highly touted in Automotive News in the USA.
- Continually developing Cummins
JVs, STAs, and Cumminâ€™s suppliers in India and China since 1998. Development includes
the Implementation of quality systems, APQP, PPAP, MSA, SPC, Internal audits, QOS,
and other tools.
- Improving the Automotive Supply Chain in North America in consort
with AIAG (US based Automotive Industry Consortium) in N. America, Europe, S. America,
and Asia using Lean and Six Sigma. Agreement signed in 2006.
a. Omnex developed a training course for second party auditing on How to Audit APQP
and PPAP for AIAG in 2000 working with the Truck OEMs and Tier One Suppliers.
Outsourcing of internal audits for 23 circle offices of a mobile service provider
covering 45 core processes in India. (60 mandays of audits per month).
the QOS process and the QOS Assessment (in conjunction with Ford Team) for Ford
Motor Company in 1993. Trained and implemented QOS for thousands of suppliers in
USA, Europe, S. America and Asia.
- Renault Nissan supplier development to Renault
Nissan standards (ANPQP, Quality Circles, 5-S, and shop floor practices) for 95
suppliers in Asia for 3 years. Contract signed in 2006.
- Developed methodology
and training for APQP/PPAP for Mack Truck (owned by Renault at the time), a US based
Truck OEM, both internally and for their suppliers. Hundreds of suppliers were trained
using this methodology. Subsequently, Omnex supported Mack Truck in the USA with
a supplier training curriculum and specialized training for their supply base.
Worked with the Semiconductor Assembly Council (SAC) â€“ an electronic and semiconductor
consortium consisting of Visteon, Delphi, DCX, Siemens, Bosch, Motorola, AMD, Philips
Semiconductors and hundreds of other members. Omnex provided SAC training and developed
electronic and semiconductor suppliers in USA, Europe, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore,
Taiwan, Thailand and other Southeast Asian countries. Omnex helped develop the Semiconductor
Supplement in conjunction with the AEC council for ISO/TS 16949:2002. Training,
implementation, and second party audits were conducted for Quality Systems, APQP,
PPAP, MSA, SPC etc. since 1998. Omnex has developed thousands of suppliers in this
- Performed hundreds of PPAPs and audits of PPAPs in the US and around the world for
many Tier Ones including TRW, Delphi, Visteon, and others.
- Conducted operational
audits and improvement plans for troubled suppliers of the 3PSD program for Chrysler
(formerly DaimlerChrysler) in the US and have helped numerous suppliers since 2004.
We have performed Process Sign Offs or PSOs on behalf of Chrysler when needed.
Conducted operational audits and improvement plans for troubled suppliers for Visteon
since 2002. Numerous Visteon suppliers have benefited from this assistance.
Omnex has helped implement the following Supply Chain practices
- Custom supplier training worldwide
- Project management & facilitated project work for New Products or First Article/PPAP
Supplier audits & improvement:
- Sourcing audit/assessment
- Performance Issues (3 PSD)
- QMS (ISO/TS 16949) audits/assessments
ISO 26262 Functional Safety and SPICE Audits (System, Software and Hardware)
- Problem Solving and Corrective Action (On-site or via Net Meetings)
- Directed/Facilitated Corrective
We also conduct supplier training in a broad area of 200 to 300 different classes
and workshops in the following areas:
- Operations Excellence/Integrated Lean & Six Sigma
- Product Development &
- Management Systems (e.g. QOS/BOS, QMS, EMS, OHSAS, Laboratory,
Medical Devices, etc.)
- Certified Lead & Internal Auditor Training
Solving, DOE & Continual Improvement
- Quantitative Analysis (e.g. SPC, MSA)
- Tools: GD & T, Error Proofing, Layered Process Audits (LPA)
Heat Treat, Welding, Machining, Assembly