Omnex International Offices Address the Need for Good Quality Indian and Asian Suppliers
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
ANN ARBOR, MICHIGAN - May 2, 2007 - After decades of promise in Indian and Chinese
markets, both countries appear to be on the fast track to big gains. In manufacturing,
both countries have many suppliers that have landed huge contracts with large Western
companies. In India, service and IT have been huge growth industries in recent years.
For years, Omnex has had offices in both China and India and has seen the growth
happen from the "inside". Omnex has worked with more than 1200 clients in these
countries. So much has taken place in the ensuing years that Omnex now has taken
center stage in a number of interesting initiatives in these countries.
Below are some of the things happening for Omnex in India and China recently:
- Michael Xu, Manager of Omnex China, was a key speaker on Lean manufacturing for
the China-US Automotive Supply Chain Summit in April 2007.
- Omnex China was part of a team of Automotive Supplier Gap Analysis experts, operating
under the auspices of the Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG), determining improvement
opportunities (including Lean & Six Sigma) for Chinese automotive suppliers.
- Omnex India and Omnex China are offering AIAG Lean and Six Sigma training and certification.
- Omnex China has joined hands with the Training Center of SAIC (Shanghai Automotive
Industry Corporation) to improve the quality and management level for the members
of SAIC. SAIC is one of three large automotive groups in China. It has joint ventures
with GM, VW, and the annual sales are more than 14.5 billion dollars in 2006.
- Omnex India won a large supplier development contract from The Renault Nissan Institute,
UK for all Mahindra-Renault suppliers.
- Omnex China helped Chery Automotive implement a TS 16949 system and obtain TS certificate
in 2002, making it the first automotive OEM in China certified to TS 16949.
- Omnex India has launched the Omnex Academy (India), dedicated to the development
of quality standards professionals in India.
Omnex's presence in India and China is growing daily, and that coupled with Omnex's
presence in the US and Europe, has allowed Omnex to successfully help businesses
in USA and Europe establish themselves and their suppliers in India and China. As
international companies look to these developing countries, Omnex has been there
to ensure quality product and efficient supply chains.
In the meantime, if you would like to read more news from Omnex, please link to
our News page at http://www.omnex.com/latest/index.aspx.
If you would like to see the latest article, presentations and webinars created
by Omnex, go to http://www.omnex.com/members/index.aspx
and become a member at no charge.
Please contact Omnex with any further questions at 734.761.4940 or